Reminder to continue with efforts to reduce illness at school by:
- encouraging hand washing, especially after bathroom use and before eating,
- cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue and dispose of properly or into your sleeve where the germs can't get out and wash your hands after.
- stay home if you are not feeling well, especially with fever of 100 or greater, must be fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication before returning to school and
- you can still get a flu vaccine.
There are lots of viruses out there that are causing illness so hand washing is your best defense along with eating well, getting enough sleep and making sure you drink enough water.
Check for lice as we tend to see more cases in the winter. If you need a comb or assistance in tackling the issue, please let me know.
Coming up in February is:
- Dental Health Awareness Month
- Eat the Rainbow- Week before vacation
- American Heart Month
Ricki (Erica) Waltz, RN BSN
Fisher-Mitchell School Nurse